Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Health Report - Bizzy and I

Thank you to everyone who has sent notes, facebook messages and good wishes to Bizz during his recent health crisis.  Everything is now fine. He got his bandage off on Saturday and he is no longer limping at all.  In fact he is funning, jumping and leaping just as usual.  We will be going for his first professional grooming on Saturday so I will be sure to take before and afters.

I had a good friend tell me that I haven't been posting about my own health.  Bizz and I are now on a pretty good schedule.  We walk at least 30-45 minutes every morning and evening.  At least once a day we play a game of fetch with his beloved Pinkie toy in the yard which gives Bizz the option to run around like a maniac with me in hot pursuit.  My blood sugars have greatly improved in the last 7 months and my other numbers all look good.   

So, does having a dog lead to health benefits? I believe they do. I sleep better at night bcause of the exercise (though the occasional crazed barking at 1 am because of a passerby doesn't help).  I exercise twice a day and I can say I really miss it if I don't get my walks in.  And there is just something about putting your feet up and cuddling a fluffy little friend once a day - makes it very hard to be stressed.

Of course there is still plenty of room for improvement but I will do better on my updates going forward.

Here is your daily Bizzy daily photo of Bizzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment