Sunday, April 21, 2013

A Rose in Bloom or How Bizz and I Greenercise

It's funny how something comes to your attention and suddenly it is all anyone is talking about.  Just last night I read an article on Greenercising - which is taking your workout out of the gym and into nature.  Well that's just what Bizz and I have been doing.  Until my 24 hour fitness closed I used to stop a couple of times a week and walk on the treadmill. I'd have music playing in my ears, my kindle in front of me reading my favorite book.  Except for the fact that my feet were moving I could have been at home on the couch. 

Those days are gone.  Currently Bizz and I are doing 3 -5 miles each day. At least 1 mile in the morning, a mile in the afternoon and one in the evening.  On the weekends there are even more walks.  Yesterday for example we did 4 miles plus played fetch in the yard for half an hour.  And those walks are definitely green.  Even if I decide to listen to music on my walks I only do so with one ear since I need to listen for cars, barking dogs, meowing cats, and other signs that may make Bizz uneasy.  And I have to pace myself since Bizz frequently stops to smell the flowers, sniff other dogs private parts and do of course his bizzness. 

So to show you what we've been seeing - the last two days I've been stopping to take photos of the flowers we've seen on our walks.  Enjoy and be sure to stop and smell the roses while they are in bloom.














 
Happy Earth Day Everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment