Thursday, April 4, 2013

Unconditional Love

I just need to say that I am amazed at the amount of love a little dog can pack in his little body. I had to go to the dentist this morning and of course Bizz could not come with me. He had to stay home for 2 hours by himself.  We'd done our morning walk and he had food, water, 3 beds of his own plus mine and the guest room bed, all his toys. Everything a dog needs.  Except his master.  When I came through the door his excitement was boundless. He jumped on the tallest piece of furniture and just barked and danced.  Then he got on the floor next to me and leapt up and down - he's a good little jumper.  I decided to count and after 15 times he finally calmed down enough to let me pet him. 

Yes, a dog is truly capable of unconditional love.  He's now back on his pillow beside me, happily napping as I type.  What's amazing to me is that anyone would have ever given him up. 

At the vet this week there was a sign (and I am totally paraphrasing) - You have your family, your relatives, your friends, and your co-workers.  He just has you.  It is so true - we all have many people in our lives but your pet can only depend on it's owner to take care of him. Now, I will say - Bizz has his Auntie Marina, Auntie Ellen, Auntie Deanna and Auntie Maya.  He also has Kelvin and Isabelle who love him, as well as all my other friends who have become his friends too. 

I think unconditional love is a wonderful thing and I truly feel that owning Bizz has made me a more open and loving person.  Everywhere we go I run into other dog owners and I love hearing their stories and sharing my own.  It's a nice way to expand your own world.

Bizzy in a quiet time.

No comments:

Post a Comment